Bhumi Pujan and Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony

With pitrus', gurus', mom's, and God's blessings, I completed the bhumi pujan and foundation stone laying ceremony today, that is, on July 30, 2020 in Badgal Rautela, Almora. 

Here are the photos.


I got up early at 4. Ironed my kurta pyjama, attended to my activities of daily living for the morning, and headed out to the school field. This photo was taken by Sagar who was handling the camera. The pit in the photo above is the buniyaad or foundation of the first room.


Workers who were assigned the role of cooks today came to the field at about 6.30 a.m. and were given the utensils and materials for the prasaad which included aloo ke gutke (boiled potatoes cooked in a tomato gravy and masala) and suji halwa (semolina pudding) and tea.


A makeshift stove was made.

 
Tea was made and served to the workers and those who had already dropped in.




The chief guests arrived: In top pic: Nageshwar Giri Maharaj (NGM). In middle pic: Revadhar Joshi ji, NGM's kulpandit (family priest) and now the school's priest. In the bottom pic above: (in the middle, Laxman Giri Maharaj (LGM) followed by another sadhu from Anand Akhada). 




 I was worried about missing the muhurta for foundation stone laying so I told the pandit ji to prepare for laying of the foundation stone first and then complete the rest of the pooja (prayers).


Since during the muhurta the lagna (ascendant) was in Simha and the sun in the 12th house, I quickly chanted Aditya Hriday Stotram to appease the sun and seek his blessings.





After chanting, I requested Laxman Giri Maharaj, my beloved guruji, to lay the foundation stone which he did. Jai Shri Ram. 






Bhumi pujan pooja resumed after the foundation stone laying. I was satisfied that we were able to meet the muhurta. This included lighting diyas at every corner of the room being built.













When the prayers were going on, the gurus and guests were served tea. I was busy with the prayers.












Sagar, the photographer, went around taking photos of guests while the prayers were on and food was being cooked.








More photos. Cooked potatoes and suji halwa. 





Finally I had the prasaad. I was actually quite hungry by the time and chit chatted with the folks.



After the ceremony, satisfied, I drove to Almora to get some paperwork done in the district court complex. 

Thanks for reading this, thanks for blessing this school, thanks for your support. Jai Shri Ram.



Comments

Popular Posts